Signs of Abuse
- Do you feel your partner has power and control over you?
- Does your partner hit, punch, scratch, kick, or physically harm you in any way?
- Does your partner call you names, insult you, play mind games with you or any other kind of emotional harm?
- Does your partner threaten or intimidate you?
- Does your partner use your children to control you?
- Is there unwanted sexual touching, name calling and/or forced sex from your partner?
- Does your partner try to isolate you from your extended family and friends?
- Does your partner take away your economic / financial control?
These are some signs of abuse – remember abuse is NOT your fault! Tell someone today and ask for help in Flamborough.
For more information call
Flamborough Women’s Resource Centre 289-895-8580
Inasmuch House for Women & Children in Crisis 24 hr Crisis line 905-529-8600 or office 905-529-8149
Hamilton Interval House 24 hr Crisis line (collect calls accepted) 905-387-8881 or office 905-387-9959
Martha House 905-523-8895 or Crisis Line 905-523-6277
Police, Family Violence Resource Unit 905- 546-4925 or Detective Fleming 905-546-3852
Sexual Assault Centre (SACHA) Crisis Line 905-525-4162 or 905-525-4573
- Children’s Aid Society 905-522-1121
- Drug and Alcohol Registry of Treatment (DART) Info-Line 1-800-565-8603
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- Parent Help Line 1-888-603-9100
- Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline (24 hours) 1-888-230-3505
- Suicide Prevention Crisis Line 905-522-1477
- Victim Services 905-546-4904
- COAST Hamilton Distress Centre (Youth, Teens and Adults with Mental Health Concerns)
(24 Hours) 905-972-8338