Signs of Abuse

  • Do you feel your partner has power and control over you?

  • Does your partner hit, punch, scratch, kick, or physically harm you in any way?

  •  Does your partner call you names, insult you, play mind games with you or any other kind of emotional harm?

  •  Does your partner threaten or intimidate you?

  •  Does your partner use your children to control you?

  •  Is there unwanted sexual touching, name calling and/or forced sex from your partner?

  •  Does your partner try to isolate you from your extended family and friends?

  •  Does your partner take away your economic / financial control?

These are some signs of abuse – remember abuse is NOT your fault! Tell someone today and ask for help in Flamborough.


For more information call


Flamborough Women’s Resource Centre 289-895-8580

Inasmuch House for Women & Children in Crisis  24 hr Crisis line 905-529-8600 or office 905-529-8149

Hamilton Interval House  24 hr Crisis line (collect calls accepted) 905-387-8881 or office 905-387-9959

Martha House 905-523-8895 or Crisis Line 905-523-6277

Sexual Assault Centre (SACHA) Crisis Line 905-525-4162 or  905-525-4573



Distress Centres


Suicide Prevention Crisis Lines

Salvation Army        905-522-1477
Barrett Centre          905-529-7878
COAST                       905-972-8338